April 4, June 6, August 7, December 5
Now in its fifteenth year, Mineral Point galleries are open until 9 pm on the first Saturdays in April, June, August and December. You will always find a remarkable assortment of fine art and quality hand-made craft: ceramics, collage, furniture, glass, jewelry, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, fiber, and woodworking – much of it made right in town. Most of the galleries are located in the downtown business district filled with historic architecture, delicious dining venues, and engaging gallery owners. Walking from gallery to gallery on these evenings is one of the best ways to enjoy Mineral Point.
A new dimension has been added to the June Gallery Night. Artists, young and not so young, from near and far are invited to create a spectacular work of movable art – cars, trucks, wagons, bikes, or just dress up as a work of art. The Art in Motion parade will start at 4 pm to kick off this early summer celebration.
And in December, Mineral Point takes on a Dickensian ambiance with hundreds of luminaria, roasted chestnuts, carolers and fresh evergreen for our annual Candlelit Gallery Night and Shopping. This is what holiday memories are made from.
A Map identifying the participating galleries and restaurants will be available at most galleries. You may download a Gallery Night Map here.
Galleries participating in Gallery Night:
- Brewery Pottery Studio/276 Shake Rag St
- Chestnut Hill Studio/225 Commerce St
- C Peplinski Designs/216 High St
- Pear & Salvage Home/12 Fountain St
- High Point Arts/310 High St
- High Street Gallery/33 High St
- Howdle Studio/225 Commerce St
- Johnston Gallery/245 High St
- Longbranch Gallery/203 Commerce St
- The Bottle Works Framing & Gallery/26 High St
- The Walker House Main Gallery/1 Water St
- Wantoot/236 High St
- Jane Wilcoxson/9 Fountain St
- Mark Hirsch/ 22 High St
- Brewery Creek Pub
- Midway Bar and Grill
- Tony’s Tap