The Mineral Point Historical Society was founded in 1939 when eleven men acted to prevent the destruction of Orchard Lawn and the Italianate home built by Joseph Gundry in 1868. It is an important resource for historians, genealogists and anyone interested in the past, present and future of the Mineral Point area.
The Historical Society hosts community events, presents lyceums and exhibits, provides tours of Orchard Lawn and is a magical setting for weddings, reunions and other important milestone events.
The Society is currently involved in a major restoration of Orchard Lawn. With much research through photographs and found remnants, they have recreated original treatments throughout the grounds and the house.